SELLING YOUR HOME DURING COVID-19
SELLING YOUR HOME DURING COVID-19
Are you considering selling your home during coronavirus? If so, the team at Neilson Partners are here to help you.
The pandemic has forced us to live and operate differently to that which we did pre-COVID, especially now that Stage 4 restrictions are in place across metropolitan Melbourne. Understandably, there are many questions that you, as a seller, may have relating to selling your home during the pandemic.
The answer to the first and most important question is ‘YES’, you can still put your property on the market during this time.
Real estate – like most other industries – has had to make a number of changes to the way the selling process is conducted. At First National Real Estate Neilson Partners, we have taken it in our stride to adopt ways in which we can still provide the best possible service to our clients in a safe and effective manner.
We have developed ways throughout the COVID-19 crisis that allow our team to list, market, inspect and help you in your journey to selling your home during the virus. We’ve also employed a number of operational changes to ensure we are digitally enabled, along with our strong and dedicated team of agents and support staff being on hand when you need them most. Neilson Partners have been able to continue to offer the exceptional service that we have been providing for over 100 years, albeit in a different way.
How we’ve changed to help you sell your home during lockdown
Most of the changes First National Real Estate have had to make during COVID-19 involve social distancing and the ability to conduct inspections. Throughout Victorian Stage 3 Restrictions, private investigations were permitted with only the prospective buyer and Neilson Partners agent allowed in the home, however, under Stage 4 restrictions, the Andrews Government has announced that the only inspections to take place are those conducted virtually.
Neilson Partners can provide buyers with virtual inspection via walk-through tours of the home or through online tours. These methods ensure that your home is able to be shown to prospective buyers and prospective buyers will not miss out.
What selling during COVID-19 looks like at First National Real Estate Neilson Partners:
- Market Appraisal. Contact your local area expert to establish the likely sale price of your home in the current market. This can still be achieved during Stage 4 restrictions with a guided video walk-through of your home and with the knowledge your local area expert has of the current market in your area.
- Select a Method of Sale. Private treaty and auction are the most common sale methods in Victoria, however, a sale by expression of interest or set date is also permitted. During the current pandemic, we recommend sale by private treaty or an Openn Negotiation online auction. An online auction allows the seller to pre-qualify potential buyers, therefore knowing how many genuine buyers they have; the buyer benefits from knowing how much competition they have.
- Marketing Campaign. We will work with you to customise a marketing campaign that works with current regulations and restrictions. Digital marketing and social media are booming throughout the coronavirus pandemic, so a focus on direct database marketing, social media and online portals – using video and digital media – is at the forefront of our COVID-19 marketing strategy.
- Online Auction/Receive Offers. Conduct online auction or if the sale by private treaty, receive offers via email. Your agent will consult with interested buyers over the telephone and by email to secure your sale.
- Sold. Contracts will be distributed and signed electronically, and a deposit will be paid by direct deposit.
- Settlement. Upon settlement of your home funds will be made available to you and keys will be made available to the buyer.
For further details on selling your home during COVID-19, please contact First National Neilson Partners and speak to one of our local area experts.