Latest News

11 Dec 19

Residential Tenancies Bond Authority

The Residential Tenancies Bond Authority is the government body that holds all Victorian residential tenancy bonds in trust, including those for rented premises, long-term caravans, rooming houses, and caravan sites under site agreements. During the term of the tenancy, interest on rental bonds goes towards running the RTBA, and the Residential Tenancies List at VCAT and residential tenancies activities of Consumer Affairs Victoria.

From the 9th December 2019, all RTBA bond transactions, including lodgements, claims, tenant transfers, agent/landlord transfers etc, must be submitted as an electronic transaction.

RTBA Online is a safe and secure system for electronic bond transactions that allows agents to lodge bonds online in a quick and convenient way. Other advantages of using electronic transactions include:

•          Faster return of bond repayments

•          Tenant identity verified by email address

•          No signatures needed so no lodgements, claims or tenant transfers rejected due to mismatching signatures

•          Tenants’ bank account details entered electronically for easy bond repayments

•          No postal delays

•          Reduced administration costs – no printing required

•          No need to fax

Step 1. Enter your property address

Step 2. Enter your details

Step 3. More information about your property (optional)

Thank you for your enquiry!

We'll be in touch soon to your email address provided ().